Monday, October 3, 2011

Finding and Evaluating Research


In order to find effective research, I will need to discover the best way of searching for and utilizing research. To fully research something, I need to understand the topic, the conversation surrounding it, and the different positions taken on the subject. It requires a large amount of research to produce the finished product, which is just the small visible aspect of all of the research. Through research, a person develops their own stance on a subject by adding their own thoughts and opinions to the subject. A useful way of searching for research is understanding the value of search terms that will assist in finding the right resources, through the web, library, and databases. A researcher should separate his resources between primary, which is what will be analyzed in the paper, and secondary resources, which will provide ideas about the topic in discussion. In order to find primary sources, I will need to search my library for original documents, rare books, photographs, government documents, and other rare texts. Then, for my secondary sources, which will act as support for my primary source, I will need to examine not only the Internet, but also the library and databases. An important part of locating sources is making sure the sources are legitimate because they will be the fundamental basis for my research.

No comments:

Post a Comment